Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

In honor of Dr. Seuss' Birthday today my class will be dining on green eggs (sugar cookies decorated to look like them at least) and red fish in a blue jello ocean, reading "Oh the Places You'll Go" and other classics and watching "The Cat in the Hat".  And as Dr. Seuss obviously had quite a way with words I thought I would share some of his best quotes today.  Here are a few of my favorites!  (My favorite Seuss character?  Horton!  I love that loyal pachyderm :)

"Be who you are and say what you mean.  Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.  It's not."

"You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose."

"A person's a person; no matter how small!"

"Today you are you, that is truer than true.  There is no one alive who is youer than you."

No comments:

Post a Comment