Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trending Now

In an effort to bring some levity to a blog that I feel has maybe taken a maudlin/whiny tone I thought I would share some of my current favorite things.

1. raindrops on roses
2. whiskers on kittens

Sorry-couldn't resist.  :) And while I do and always will love The Sound of Music, that's old news.  These days I am totally in love with....

1. The Big Bang Theory-yeah, I know I am a little behind the times with this one-but this show is freaking hilarious.  I, for one, am glad there is a show that is embracing nerd-dom.  And Sheldon?  Priceless.

2. Almond Milk-cannot get enough of it.  And this is from a girl that likes regular milk only over cereal or to chase a hot from the oven chocolate chip cookie.  Otherwise? No thanks. Almond milk, however, is magical.  I prefer the regular variety for cereal.  And as a wonderful added bonus it has about 1/2 the calories and even less fat than regular milk, even skim.  The dark chocolate is delicious and this week I branched out and tried the vanilla-fabulous!!!  And for those who may be keeping Weight Watcher points like myself the regular and vanilla have 2 and 3 points a cup respectively.

3. Envelope Budgeting-yeah, I am really late to this party.  This is not a new concept.  I mean even before Dave Ramsey "invented" this system our grandparents were operating on a cash only basis.  And since I had gotten far too debit dependent and was not saving...well, anything...I decided to give it a try.  I started this mid-January and so far it's been going really well.  It's allowed me to save a couple hundred dollars a check. So far that has been used to pay off some credit card charges from the marvelous holiday season and now can start going back into my savings account.  Yay for financial responsibility!  Isn't being a grown up swell?

4. Clarisonic Mia-Holy exfoliation Batman!! This product was worth every "oh my goodness, I should not be spending this much on a face cleaner thingy" penny.  They're not cheap but people they are WORTH it.  There may not be a discernible visible different in my skin but boy, oh boy, you can feel it.  Smoother, tighter...sigh.  I love a well exfoliated face.

5. God is....Everything bracelets-This is a company started by a mother/daughter/daughter team in Tennessee.  These are great embellished leather cuff bracelets that all have various verses and symbols illustrating what God is to you.  I personally own God is my courage (with a lion symbol), God is sweet (cupcake), God is my song (music note), God is my strength (horseshoe).  And I have been wearing them pretty much every day.  Corresponding verses are printed on the back.  Check them out on Facebook to get yours!  They come in tons of designs and colors and they also carry shirts, charm bracelets and scarfs. 

So these are just a few of the things I am crazy about at present-what's "trending" with you?  Leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment