Sunday, May 20, 2012

Facebook Hiatus

Sometimes I think a Facebook hiatus would be the best thing in the world for me.  Lately it seems that every time I log on I read something that annoys me, infuriates me, disgusts me or is just generally too much information about someone.  And if I weren't deeply addicted to FB and all it's flaws I would take a break.  But I can't.  My name is Lindsay and I am addicted to FB. 

It's has its uses for good too.  It is nice to keep up with family, friends that I wouldn't normally get to see or hear from.  And boy, oh boy is it eye opening in regards to peoples true colors.  There are people that I once might have considered friends that have proven beyond a shadow of FB doubt that they are not.  Good to know.  People I had thought were kind or intelligent that, again, have proven that is not the case.  Most often though FB proves (glaringly) that some people, have NO CLASS.  Or dignity.  Or sense of privacy.  Or decency.  Or grammar.

But it's like so many things in life that are bad or awkward or gross or whatever.  You just can't stop looking at it.  As badly as you need to or want to or know you should you can't turn away from the train wreck that is FB.  I am guilty.  I've accepted it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment