Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Some Letters

Dear Summer,
Why you gotta go by so fast? I was just getting good and settled into your non-routine routine when you snap me out of it with home visits, and professional development and other "the rest of the year" hum drum.  Harsh summer, harsh.

Dear One Piece Bathing Suit I Bought on Clearance,
Thank for being more flattering than I had anticipated and for showing me that while I am not quite to the body that I want, I like the one I have a whole lot more than the one I had 8 months ago.  I vow to be far to small to wear you by next summer.

Dear Zucchini Bread,
I should never have learned to make you.  You are going to undo all the good One Piece Bathing Suit did. The only solution is to continue to make you, but to give you away.  I'm sorry, but this is the way it has to be.  It's not you, it's me.

Dear Malone's of Lexington,
God Bless your salad, bread, crab rangoon, and blackened chicken penne. Yum.

Dear Back to School,
While I do not welcome your early start times, I am more than ready for your routine.  As it turns out I do much better with diet and exercise while on your rigid time schedule.  One point for you-but only one.

Dear new Kiddos,
Let's learn lots, be good to one another and have a fantastic year!

Dear School Lunch Bunch,
I have missed our time together and look forward to it starting up again soon-point two for Back to School-dangit.

Dear Mazers,
The upcoming early mornings will be as hard on your as they will on me.  I will miss lounging in bed with you till much past an acceptable hour.  I hope the chain link fence I am installing for you in the backyard will soften the blow. 

Dear Blog,
I've sucked lately but frankly, I'm becoming bored with you.  Perhaps you could do something to renew my interest?

Dear Old Musicals,
You never fail to make me smile and sing along and feel better.  And think of my Dede.  Bravo.

Dear Bed,
I hear you calling my name-I'll be there momentarily.

Sincerely,
Love,
As ever,
All my best,
XOXO,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment